We’re looking for an culturally sound, experienced and energized youth development worker to join our team. If you are passionate about supporting young people to build leadership, confidence, resilience, well being and entrepreneurship, and would like to work with a small team, we want to hear from you.
The position aims to work with the strengths young people offer, we focus on their ability in the following 3 areas:
• Their ability to build a strong youth voice in their local community
• The development of their own special style of leadership in their local community
• Their creative abilities to explore opportunities for local social entrepreneurship as an option for sustainable development
You will be working 20 hours per week (for first 6 months, with the option to go full time early new year) working from Monday to Thursday on a rotating AM/PM shift pattern. AM shift is 10:00am to 3:30pm, PM shift is 3:30pm to 9:00pm in order to be available to young people at critical time.
We aim to provide innovative and culturally appropriate development services in the community to young people aged between 8 and 15. We believe in the importance of family, community, connection and relationships – and in the ability of young people to shape their own futures.
You’ll be reporting to the Chief Executive and working in a team of family and community development workers.
You will have:
- a certificate in youth development work, experience in peer support, or another NZQA equivalent level 4 or above and or a tertiary qualification
- understanding of care and experience working with young people.
- a current full driver’s licence
- hold a current New Zealand first aid certificate or be prepared to obtain one.
In this role, you can look forward to flexible work arrangements, a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose to Unite and Prosper families and communities. Be part of a supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued and new innovative solutions are the norm!
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – Thursday 4th October 2018, Midday
**All new appointees into the Organisation require background checking. Under the requirements of the Vulnerable Children’s Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org