At CIDANZ, smooth business and operational processes and systems are the key to our success. We’re in need of a business support manager for 30 hour per week with excellent organization skill and a personable disposition. You’ll be a strong and reliable support to company operations, maintaining and creating procedures, communication, and collaboration between the CIDANZ team of staff, its Board of Trustees, stakeholders and the family and community enterprise clients we serve. Not only will your effects allow us to achieve organizational efficiency, you will provide strategic business insights, effective family navigation planning and process with excellent communication skills and impeccable attention to detail.
Objectives of this Role
- Administrative and operational support to Chief Executive and team, coordinating meetings and diaries, communications and operational needs, including effective relationships with enterprising families.
- Serve as the eyes and ears of the office, providing information, answering questions, and responding to requests for information and overseeing family and visitor experience for anyone coming into CIDANZ (office and oneCOMMUNITY SHED),
- Implement established policies and procedures, measure outcomes against standards, and improve operational flow when identified
- Coordinate internal and external resources, optimal operation of office equipment, supplies, and inventories with preventive maintenance, and ensuring peak organizational operations
- Maintain workflow by analyzing and refining standard operating procedures, such as scheduling, communications, office layout, etc.
- Oversee and support the team’s practice and operation of the CIDANZ’s SPIRIT – Sustainability, Professionalism, Integrity, Respect, Innovation, and Togetherness.
- Maintains CIDANZ and staff safety, confidentiality, credibility and pride in what we do.
Business Support – Administration
- Provide direct administrative support as needed, including scheduling appointments, meetings, mail correspondence and events, booking travel, catering, donations/ koha, mailing and shipping packages, updating contact database and employee list, generation and distribution of memos, letters, spreadsheets, forms, and faxes.
- Maintain office and business efficiency by organizing policies & procedures, managing filing and database systems (including business resources, libraries of documentation, stakeholder, client/ family databases).
- Provide training to all staff on the file and database systems, process and policies and report monthly on the effectiveness of the processes.
- Plan, organize, and schedule all team and Board meeting agendas, taking and recording of minutes, alongside CE.
- Create and manage a list of tasks (team and CE reporting) to be performed for team and Board meetings alongside CE.
- Answer telephone and email inquiries, welcoming visitors to the office, and serving as front-of-house/ go-to for office and business inquiries.
- Support to CE to ensure that all required reporting (to staff, Board, funders) is done in a timely manner.
- Assist with all service performance indicators/action plans to meet quality accreditation, legal and contractual obligations.
- Support marketing and communication team as required by CE.
- Provide ‘soft’ administration support to the oneCOOPERATIVE businesses Eg. purchasing for oneBASKET, oneTRADES, oneHERITAGE, oneBODY on CE request only and directly pass on all receipts to CE for accountability purposes.
- Ensure operational activities comply with internal systems controls, policies and procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the organisation meets requirements relating to safety and health in the workplace.
- Regular reporting to the CE and team leaders, which includes risks and options to mitigate risks. Ensure all areas of concern/potential complaints are immediately brought to the attention of CE and staff.
- Quality management – ensuring CIDANZ’s SPIRIT values are reflected at all times in the operational practice of the organisation.
Business Support – Facilities and Assets Management
- Work with Management to effectively map and record all of the Trust’s Assets and Resources and report monthly.
- Check daily that common area & booking spaces (Office, Boardroom and SHED) and area is neat and tidy (instruct others to take care of the space if their personal items encroaches on the common area).
- Establish a regular cleaning kitchen roster for staff to maintain.
- Manage the Facility Booking/ hire system of office space and oneCOMMUNITY SHED. Record and report weekly on all planned facilities functions, activities, meetings and events. Ensure the Facility Calendar is up to date by checking in at the weekly team meetings and with CEO’s/Coop Leads and report weekly.
- Develop and manage an effective Asset Management and Booking System, including process and policy for the booking/ use of all CIDANZ assets, equipment and resources with the CE/ Evolve Accounting
- Record and report weekly on all asset and resource use/ hire/ requirements and checking in at the weekly team meetings and with CEO’s/Coop Leads and report weekly.
- Manage office equipment and supplies such as technology, stationery and equipment, kitchen and bathroom needs and maintaining the condition of the office, arranging for any necessary repairs and/or replacement of equipment.
- Support CIDANZ (oneCOOP) staff to maintain and enhance active working relationships between providers, communities and enterprising family/ whānau.
- Support oneCOOP staff to coordinate oneCOOP activities and events.
- Support the delivery of the eFAMILIES work programme, including family plans, surveys and evaluation needs.
- Support engagement and communication with enterprising families held on the database.
- Identify service and quality improvements and assist in planning and implementing quality improvement initiatives.
The foregoing paragraphs are intended to describe the duties that the appointee will be expected to undertake in this position. However, it is expected that as efficiencies are created with business administration and facility management support, more opportunity will be available to undertake more support to the eFAMILIES and oneCOOP functions.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of office management experience.
- An understanding of Cook Island, Pacific and Maori communities, including local knowledge.
- Understanding of working with whānau.
- Understanding of working with agencies, sectors locally, regionally, nationally.
- Problem solving experience; good attention to detail; ability to stay calm under pressure.
- A great team player with a desire to show initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong time-management and people skills, flexibility, and multitasking ability.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with online platforms.
- Proficiency Microsoft Office, with aptitude to identify and learn new software and systems.
Our behavior is guided by our Team Values:
[S] Sustainable, [P] Professional, [I] Integrity, [R] Respect. [I] Innovation, [T] Togetherness
To apply for this position, please send your letter of interest along with your resume/CV and 3 professional references to: Janet Akai, Manager – Business Improvement firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information about CIDANZ please visit www.cidanz.co.nz
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: TUESDAY 26 MARCH 2019, 5.00PM