oneCHILD - Tai Tamaiti Turanga Rangatira
Cook Islands Early Childhood Education Centre, Mangere, South Auckland
Are you an experienced ECE Head Teacher looking for an exciting new challenge to open new bi-lingual ECE Centre in South Auckland? We would love to see your professional profile.
This is an exciting permanent, full time ECE Head Teacher opportunity with oneCHILD – Tai Tamaiti Turanga Rangatira Early Learning Centre, based in Mangere.
We are a community owned and operated ECE centre focused on providing the best possible learning outcomes for children – ‘ta tatou tamarki turanga rangatira’.
Licensed for 60 children and located at the gateway and heart to New Zealand in Mangere near the Auckland airport. We value community, families, wellness and culture as a vital component of our curriculum and culturally-based pedagogy. We promote the exploration and discovery of heritage and traditions to understand our present and to build strong foundations of our children’s learning coupled with regular outings into ‘Aunty Yvonne’s’ neighbouring Garden of Eden run by Auckland Teaching Gardens underpins our learning approach.
We have a beautifully built centre with an indoor and outdoor play learning spaces which offer a range of stimulating challenges for each stage of the children’s development.
We will aim to operate a higher than minimum child-to-teacher ratios across all age groups and aim to achieve funding in the 100% band in our first two years of operating.
We will maintain a professional development budgets to ensure ongoing improvements in our practice and provision of a high-quality service.
We will also employ Head Teachers / Heads of Room for each of the age groups, two part-time Centre Chefs (role sharing), a part-time Office Assistant, and our own cleaner and gardeners from our local eFAMILY enterprising families businesses.
This role requires a person who can communicate effectively and display a high-level of organisation and professionalism, ensuring the provision of exceptional service to families, customers and support for the team.
Reporting to and working with the Centre Manager, oneCHILD – Tai Tamaiti Turanga Rangatira, your areas of responsibility will include:
- Providing a safe and supportive environment for children
- Ensuring the provision of exceptional service
- Developing and maintaining family relationships and communications
- Day to day administration
- Assist in staff recruitment and management, including rosters
- Assist in assessment and professional development
- Assist in marketing and enrolments
- Managing within set budgets
- Assist in the maintaining legislative compliance – ECE Licensing, Health and Safety, Food Safety, Employment Law and maintaining effective policies and procedures
- Mentoring and supporting your team to reach their potential individually and collectively
- Assist in the marketing and promoting the centre to maintain full occupancy
- Contributing to further growth and development of the organisation
- Managing set budgets effectively with the Centre Manager
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a current New Zealand Resident with appropriate work permissions (no overseas or temporary resident applicants please)
- Have experience in working at a senior level in ECE centres in NZ
- Have full certification and relevant NZ ECE qualifications with an outstanding teaching proficiency, an understanding of Te Whāriki and a knowledge of Te Reo/Tikanga Maori education in ECE
- Can speak and teach effectively and confidently in Te Reo Maori Kuki Airani
- Have proven experience in promoting an ECE service
- Possess well developed skills in implementing curriculum design
- Be proactive by nature, with a positive mind-set and professional attitude
- Show great initiative and drive and are a fun and energetic role-model who motivates others to be exceptional in their teaching practice, and who conducts themselves with integrity and respect for others
- Demonstrate strong computer literacy and excellent ability to organise and complete tasks to a high standard
- Maintain a strong focus on internal evaluation and improvement, and have a passion for quality
- Have a love of lifelong learning and a respect for nature
We offer an attractive remuneration package including:
- Ontrack profit share bonus by negotiation after 2 years of operation
- Substantially discounted childcare
- Paid staff meetings
- A commitment to your professional development
- Onsite parking
If you believe you have the qualities we are seeking, and are looking for an opportunity to join a small, community owned organisation who genuinely care about their employees – please apply to the Cook Islands Development Agency New Zealand, email: email@example.com
Letina Andrew, Operations Administrator, Mobile: 027 216 2500
Your application form will include these questions:
- How many years’ experience do you have as a centre manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have experience in administration?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years’ experience do you have as an early childhood teacher?
- Have you completed a qualification in teaching?