oneCHILD - Tai Tamaiti Tūranga Rangatira
Cook Islands Early Childhood Education Centre, Mangere, South Auckland
Who are we?
Kia Orana, turou, aere mai ki te apii potiki, Tai Tamaiti Turanga Rangatira.
We are an Early Learning Centre dedicated to the promotion and revitalisation of Cook Islands language and culture. We uphold Christian values of love, respect, and care. We have an effective Philosophy, Mission Statement and Vision that we implement in our daily practice. With a curriculum shaped by an informed Cook Islands pedagogy, our experienced and registered staff are confident in their implementation of our Cook Islands language and culture. The future vision of the centre – is to be an innovative centre of excellence for the revitalisation, acquisition, promotion, enhancing of Cook Islands language, culture, traditions, and indigenous knowledge.
We are seeking ECE Teachers who:
- Are fully registered experienced – newly qualified teachers will also be accepted.
- Are fluent or have the basic command of Te Reo Maori Kuki Airani.
- Are immersed in Cook Islands culture or are willing to learn the culture and language.
- Will uphold the philosophy, mission statement and the vision of the centre.
- Are passionate about teaching young children.
- Are team players and are prepared to work effectively and collectively within the team.
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate
- Can pass Police Vetting
- Ensuring the smooth daily delivery of the curriculum in Cook Islands Maori
- Setting up of inside or outside areas with resources for children’s learning by following rostered duties (weekly).
- Report to supervisors should any issues arise, from the supervisor to the head teacher then to centre manager.
- Documentation in portfolios is ready for the end of each month.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Non-contact hours (2hrs/week) for documentation of portfolios.
Teaching Diploma and above.
- Centre opens for staff – 7:45 am.
- Closes – 5:00 pm.
- Flexible rostered hours.
Successful applicants will receive an attractive wage package which will be discussed at the interview.
For more Information Contact:
- Peta Ravlich, Centre Manager
- Email: email@example.com ; Mobile: 021 266 9397
- Manava Parakoti, Head Teacher
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Mobile: 021 062 1117
If interested, please send through a CV and Cover Letter to:
Letina Andrew, CIDANZ Operations Administrator
Email: email@example.com ; Mobile: 027 216 2500