Kia orana tatou katoatoa i te aroa maata o te Atua.
When it comes to making a difference in either your life or those around you, the way forward is never easy. Regardless of this, we pursue our goals with passion because not doing so would be a disservice to ourselves and those around us. CIDANZ is going through another change, and we want you, our community, to be a part of this new journey forward.
The Cook Islands Development Agency NZ (CIDANZ) is seeking ‘expressions of interest’ from individuals to join our Board of Trustees. We are seeking to recruit six new Board members from across New Zealand to officially join us from September 2020.
The new national Board of CIDANZ should:
- Create a new national intent and purpose
- Unite the Cook Islands community living in NZ to engender a collective cohesion among people of Cook Islands descent
- Coordinate and facilitate good communication networks to enable ideas and information to be collected and distributed with ease to CIS living throughout NZ
Individual and Collective Well-being is our purpose. “Working together for the COMMON-UNITY” is not just a slogan, it’s a statement that reinforces our vision to engage the wisdom, the knowledge, and the power within our communities.
We are guided by a set of values that reflects the way we practice.
Sustainable – Ruperupe, Professional – Tu Rangatira, Integrity – Tiratiratu, Reciprocity – Rave’anga ma te Aro’a, Innovation – Kite karape umereia, Togetherness – Takotai
Board members will be instrumental in further supporting the Trust as it moves into its next stage of organisational maturity and delivers on a 10-year national strategy that runs to December 2030.
The Board will meet quarterly, plus two face to face meetings per year, ( Annual Planning & the Annual General Meeting).
We are seeking individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Experience in advocacy
- Experience in advocacy and engagement with local & central government, business, funders and non-government agencies
- Successful track record of fundraising and ability to support resource mobilisation
- Experience from outside of the community, ideally in a related field such as business, environmental, education, housing, economic development
- Experience of financial oversight and management
- Experience of human resource oversight and management
If you are interested please send a single page CV and a short cover letter outlining your interest in joining the Board and highlighting relevant skills and experience for the Board position.
These expressions of interest must be sent to myself at email@example.com no later than midday Monday 25 May 2020.
Henry Herman, Chairman.