At CIDANZ, smooth business and operational processes and systems are the key to our success. We’re in need of an Operations Assistant for 20 hours per week with excellent organization skill and a personable disposition. You’ll be a strong and reliable support to company operations, maintaining procedures, communication and collaboration between the CIDANZ team of staff, its Board of Trustees, stakeholders and the family and community enterprise clients we serve. Your excellent communication skills and impeccable attention to detail will help us achieve organisational efficiency.
Objectives of this Role
- Administrative support to Chief Executive and team, coordinating meetings and diaries, communications and operational needs, including effective relationships with enterprising families.
- Serve as the eyes and ears of the office, providing information, answering questions, and responding to requests for information and overseeing family and visitor experience for anyone coming into CIDANZ (office and oneCOMMUNITY SHED),
- Oversee and support the team’s practice and operation of the CIDANZ’s SPIRIT – Sustainability, Professionalism, Integrity, Respect, Innovation, and Togetherness.
- Maintains CIDANZ and staff safety, confidentiality, credibility and pride in what we do.
Business Support – Administration
- Provide direct administrative support as needed, including scheduling appointments, meetings, mail correspondence and events, booking travel, catering, mailing and shipping packages, updating contact database and employee list, generation and distribution of memos, letters, spreadsheets, forms.
- Maintain office and business efficiency by organizing policies & procedures, managing filing and database systems (including business resources, libraries of documentation, stakeholder, client/ family databases).
- Answer telephone and email inquiries, welcoming visitors to the office, and serving as front-of-house/ go-to for office and business inquiries.
- Support marketing and communication team as required by CE.
- Regular reporting to the CE and team leaders, which includes risks and options to mitigate risks. Ensure all areas of concern/potential complaints are immediately brought to the attention of CE and staff.
- Quality management – ensuring CIDANZ’s SPIRIT values are reflected at all times in the operational practice of the organisation.
Business Support – Facilities and Assets Management
- Work with Management to effectively map and record all of the Trust’s Assets and Resources and report monthly.
- Check daily that common area & booking spaces (Office, Boardroom and SHED) and area is neat and tidy (instruct others to take care of the space if their personal items encroaches on the common area).
- Manage the Facility Booking/hire system of office space and oneCOMMUNITY SHED. Record and report weekly on all planned facilities functions, activities, meetings and events. Ensure the Facility Calendar is up to date by checking in at the weekly team meetings and with CEO’s/Coop Leads and report weekly.
- Record and report weekly on all asset and resource use/ hire/ requirements and checking in at the weekly team meetings and with CEO’s/Coop Leads and report weekly.
- Manage office equipment and supplies such as technology, stationery and equipment, kitchen and bathroom needs and maintaining the condition of the office, arranging for any necessary repairs and/or replacement of equipment.
The foregoing paragraphs are intended to describe the duties that the appointee will be expected to undertake in this position. However, it is expected that as efficiencies are created with business administration and facility management support, more opportunity will be available to undertake more support to the eFAMILIES and oneCOOP functions.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of office management experience.
- An understanding of Cook Island, Pacific and Maori communities, including local knowledge.
- Understanding of working with families.
- Understanding of working with agencies, sectors locally, regionally, nationally.
- Proficiency Microsoft Office, with aptitude to identify and learn new software and systems.
- Problem solving experience; good attention to detail; ability to stay calm under pressure.
- A great team player with a desire to show initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong time-management and people skills, flexibility, and multitasking ability.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with online platforms.
Our behavior is guided by our Team Values:
[S] Sustainable, [P] Professional, [I] Integrity, [R] Reciprocity. [I] Innovation, [T] Togetherness
To apply for this position, please send your letter of interest along with your resume/CV and 3 professional references to email@example.com
For additional information about CIDANZ please visit www.cidanz.co.nz
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: MONDAY 19 OCTOBER AT MIDDAY